• January 9, 2013 at 11:08 am #1010
    tamalogo

Thought I’d start another convo for those of us that are too far away to make it to live shows. Those that are able to attend live shows, [-( >:P we’re jealous of you, but hey, feel free to join in ;) I’m sure we won’t bite… too hard. /:)

January 9, 2013 at 11:12 am #3752
    Sam

Until this forum came into being, I had a lot more envy for livers/tourers than I do now, because they were the only people who could actively make up the Harmenian Community. Seeing as we can all interact online now (and hopefully draw in more Harmenians as time goes by) it feels like that barrier has been lifted considerably. To be honest, I just have a lot of general jealousy for all the creative bods that get to live and work in LA and hang out in hipster divebars and wear fedoras and whathaveyou!

January 9, 2013 at 11:14 am #3753
    tamalogo

I totally agree! It’s awesome to be able to mingle with other Harmenians and we all have the same enjoyment in Harmontown, or we wouldn’t be here. Hopefully we’ll all be able to one day attend a live show at some point! 8->

January 9, 2013 at 11:15 am #3754
    Sam

A live show ON THE MOON! >-)

January 9, 2013 at 11:19 am #3755
    tamalogo

It’s a plan! Love it! So are you working? I’m currently a self-employed transcriber. Though work’s going a bit slow for me at the moment :(

January 9, 2013 at 11:25 am #3756
    Fridomat

Before we all go to the moon (which would need heavy sedation on my part, I’m already experiencing an anxiety attack as I write this), how about Amsterdam or London? :)
    And I totally agree with both of you, this little online town hall meeting is very capable of making a far away listener very happy.

January 9, 2013 at 11:28 am #3757
    tamalogo

@Fridomat I didn’t realize how lonely a podcaster/Harmenian I was until this started. It relieves an itch I didn’t know was there! ;) Now, my days are filled with smiles :D >:D< *Hugs all around, fellow Harmenians!*

January 9, 2013 at 11:35 am #3758
    Fridomat

@tamalogo exactly! It feels a bit like I’ve just moved to a new town to find people like me who like people like me and like the same stuff as I do and who laugh about the same stuff that makes me laugh, and they all sit around a huge bonfire telling stories and talking about who they are and what they like.
    Ok, I might be a bit overemotional right now (thank you, vodka in my fridge!) and this may happen all the time on the internet, but still. Me, happy.

January 9, 2013 at 11:40 am #3759
    Sam

Hugs on the house and through the roof!

@tamalogo I’m theoretically a student, but I epically flunked my first year so I’ve been taking some time out to write pretentious books and apply to drama school instead. I’ve never had a steady job, but I’ve done a weird selection of oddjobs, including demolishing a house and reading history books to a Professor with eyesight problems. What sort of stuff do you transcribe?

@Fridomat Due to my tendency to drink an take various chemicals while in reach of a WiFi Router, you won’t be the only one getting weepy here.

January 9, 2013 at 11:41 am #3760
    tamalogo

:(( @Fridomat, beautiful! I totally agree! ~:>

January 9, 2013 at 11:43 am #3761
    tamalogo

What do you do, @Fridomat? @Sam, I mainly type out focus groups and one-on-one interviews. Companies don’t want to spend money making a product if they find that no one will like it. So they get a cross-section of people together to ask their opinions.

January 9, 2013 at 11:44 am #3762
    tamalogo

I’ve also done closed captioning for the company I contract with, and that was fun. It was for Bargain Hunt.

January 9, 2013 at 11:46 am #3763
    Sam

That sounds like you’d get a nice variety of ideas and characters. I bet you’d make a good spy too!

January 9, 2013 at 11:48 am #3764
    tamalogo

Shh, I’m under a strict contract not to reveal that part ;) You didn’t hear it from me B-)

January 9, 2013 at 11:49 am #3765
    Sam

Haha, well if you get caught you could always defect… TO THE MOON! :D

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.