• January 9, 2013 at 6:09 pm #1019

Okay, so in the live show there’ve been some people who go up and chat about wanting to put out more creative stuff. So, what do you do? Or if you’re being restricted, what do you want to do?
    It could be anything; art, music writing, whatever. I’d like to know about the entertainment I’ll be enjoying once we colonize the Moon.
    Don’t be afraid to post links!

January 9, 2013 at 6:11 pm #4242
    Jeeeebs

What do YOU do?

January 9, 2013 at 6:14 pm #4243

You could just make the question: “What are your creative habits?” or “What is your creative activity of choice?” Anyway, I tend to draw but I haven’t gotten to the point where I’m comfortable enough in my ability to make a tumblr or anything.

January 9, 2013 at 6:14 pm #4244
    Sam

Righto! I’m a writer, first and foremost. I do bits and pieces of verse (poetry collections and haiku and whatnot), and I’ve just finished the second draft of a spy novel, and I’ve started work on a fictionalised little beatnik memoir. I’ve also written and recorded a couple of songs, and am trying to position myself more as a songwriter than a musician, because most of my friends are better singers than I am! Oh, and I wrote a play during my abortive year at University which got put on by the student theatre company, and I’m applying to drama school to try acting at the moment. I can’t seem to construct proper sentences at the moment, a fault I blame on communism and gin! How about yourself? @IvanUnderscoreF

January 9, 2013 at 6:17 pm #4245
    ppyajunebug

I may be in the minority as a thoroughly un-creative type. I’m getting my Ph.D in neuroscience and rat wrangling. I’d like to write a book one day, but we’ll see what happens.

January 9, 2013 at 6:22 pm #4246

Well currently I am being somewhat restricted. I have been drawing and sketching a lot lately, but I really want to start playing more music and maybe even writing my own songs. Also, I take mediocre photos and post them on Instagram that some people seem to enjoy.

January 9, 2013 at 6:27 pm #4247
    Jill

I’m more animal-creative. I train horses – Unicorns welcome – for a living. I have no creative aspersions, except mabes one day I could write a book.

ppyajunebug – that sounds wholly impressive. What would your book be about?

January 9, 2013 at 6:49 pm #4248
    Old_Man

Man, I do just about everything fairly poorly. Write stuff I hate later, made an entirely inappropriate children’s book with illustrations, and years ago I made hip-hop beats. Harmon needs those beats. They need his hot, deadly fire.

January 9, 2013 at 6:52 pm #4249

I draw, write, and make role playing game content (right now my friends and I are all laboring on a wiki for the Mutants & Masterminds setting we all share).

January 9, 2013 at 6:52 pm #4250
    Sam

About to nod off, but the new title of this thread will probably entice me to camp out on to a pretentious degree tomorrow!

January 9, 2013 at 6:54 pm #4251

@Sam: is that pretentious? Crap. I don’t know from Forum postings. I hope I haven’t been that.

January 9, 2013 at 7:29 pm #4252

I’m not sure how creative I am when it comes to drawing because I can’t come up with something off the top of my head and put it on paper. I always need to look at a model or something. Here’s a quick sketch of Sigourney Weaver I did today because I’m trying to do a sketch every day Monday-Thursday.
    http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/82c2e1465ac711e28ce622000a9f13a7_7.jpg

January 9, 2013 at 7:41 pm #4253

@IvanUnderscoreF: Nice work!

January 9, 2013 at 8:00 pm #4254

@AnthonySuorez Thank you!

January 9, 2013 at 8:07 pm #4255
    shahruz
    Participant

This took me all of an hour and is probably my favorite thing I’ve ever done: http://petgrid.net/catfinder (Still want to work on making it embeddable when I find the time.)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.